Lola T640

Sale price: US $3,750.00 Make an Offer

Condition: Used Make: Lola
Modified Racer: Yes Model: T640
Vintage Racer: Yes

De Pere, Wisconsin, United States

Vehicle description

Up for sale is a Lola T640 Sports Racer conversion with a Hyabusa engine. The car has all log books dating back to 1982. It has not seen a track since 2001. At that time, the owner began a full overhaul of the car with the intent to convert it from a Mazda engine to a Suzuki Hyabusa engine. Most of the major work is done, but unfortunately the owner had health issues and was unable to finish the car. I picked up the car with the hopes of finishing it, but unfortunately I am too tall at 6"5" to fit in a formula racer and my wife did not agree with yet another race car in the garage. I am really bummed to be parting with the car, but it will make an amazing SCCA and/or vintage racer. I have included a lot of pics to show as much detail as possible, therefore the car is sold as is. I will ship anywhere as long as you provide the shipping arrangements and cost. The car is located in Green Bay, WI. I would be willing to trailer it as far as Chicago area for $100 gas money. Please contact me with any other questions. I will gladly provide my cell number via eBay messenger .
Here are some points:
Hyabusa engine is fully mounted but has never been run in the car. Receipts are included showing the Hyabusa engine was purchased with only 574 miles on it for $4500. The sequential shifter has been mounted very nicely (see pics) Chassis is fully powder coated and in excellent condition 2 full sets of wheels included Body is all solid. The paint is stripped and it is primed. It will need very little work to get painted up. Vehicle needs a gearbox in the rear end. Plans were for a Metcalf Racing gearbox out of Texas, but you could really use whatever you want. A spare nose is included, but is not fully finished. It has fiberglass shell but would need final trimming and supports/mounts. Vehicle is listed with no reserve. If a bid is made, it will be sold.